BENNINGTON FREE CLINIC
The Bennington Free Clinic provides free primary medical care for uninsured adult residents of Bennington County and the surrounding area whose incomes are under 400% of federal poverty. We do not provide emergency care. We do not provide dental care.
Medical Services Provided
- routine primary medical care including management of acute and chronic diseases
- behavioral health screenings, interventions , and referrals
- physical exams
- wellness education
- women’s health clinics
- care management
- referral to participating specialists when medically necessary
- assistance obtaining pharmaceuticals
- assistance from certified Navigators with insurance programs
State of Vermont Screening ,Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) Program
In 2014, the Bennington Free Clinic began participating in the State of Vermont SBIRT program. SBIRT is a comprehensive approach to the delivery of early intervention and treatment services for persons with substance use disorders, as well as those who are at risk of developing these disorders. The SBIRT team at the Free Clinic offers screening to 100% of our patients to assess the severity of their substance use, identify the appropriate level of treatment, if any; provide brief intervention focusing on increasing insight and awareness regarding substance use and motivation toward behavioral change, and refer to treatment those patients identified as needing more extensive treatment.